18th – 25th September 2019 : A week-long immersion workshop to begin or perfect your kora playing. Arrivals Wednesday 18th September, workshop formally starts on the 19th, last teaching day and departures on 25th, finishing with lunch.
We welcome students of all levels; from absolute beginners to advanced players.
This workshop will be held in the beautiful venue Mas de Jammes, 12260 Villeneuve in the Aveyron, southern France. We also have overflow accommodation next door.
We can accommodate up to 18 people, plus several non-kora playing guests, subject to enough rooms/beds:
- a week’s tuition – individual and group sessions
- shared accommodation (private rooms and gites available for a supplement)
- loan of a kora – if necessary
- buffet breakfast and delicious homemade lunch everyday
- transfer from Villefranche de Rourgue train station. Other collections possible e.g. from Toulouse airport and charged at cost – 40€ per trip shared between passengers.
Evening meals, with dessert, cheese and wine are an optional extra at 10 euros per night
If you want to find out more about our week long workshops, read Group Workshops.